An observation on meds

APs aren’t handed out like candy. They just aren’t. I don’t like having a broken noodle that plays bad movies constantly. I don’t like having to take expensive pills that make me tired and fat. I don’t like having to share intimate details of my life with people I’d rather not know or associate with (docs and nurses). However…

Things are what they are.

If doing all of the above helps me move past having a busted noodle, that’s what I have to do. No point bitching up a storm and throwing blame around. Accept it and keep going, that’s all there is for it.

Take your meds, see your doc, and do all the things you need to with a view towards improving (therapy, CBT, etc.). Therein lies the path to recovery. Putting all of your energy into blaming docs, Big Pharma, etc… Not so much.

9 Likes

When I’m off of my medication, it’s like my mind goes from black and white to colour.

Every blade of grass was waving at me last week.

But the reality is that I’m crazy and I need my pills to function. I know I can’t ever truly be myself for the rest of my life.

Oh phooey. You’re a well-aged cognac to be admired and appreciated, not a barrel of White Lightning that leaves everyone coughing and sputtering. Smooth and refined ain’t a bad thing, d00d.

3 Likes

And might I add…

You yourself has aged like a fine wine!

I appreciated you staying in touch with me when you left the forum. Thanks for that! In the off chance I ever head West, I’ll surely drop by for visit.

2 Likes

Awww! It’s a @shutterbug @Patrick bromance / schmoozefest :blush:

3 Likes

In all seriousness, @shutterbug is giving some great advice and I sincerely hope @Patrick (and others) are taking it in.

I love Pix, don’t get me wrong…

But when he started emailing me picks of himself carrying a sword and wearing nothing but a Star Wars thong, I really started to question where our relationship was going.

AWkword MOment!!

1 Like

I’ll say. Apparently you didn’t receive the thong-less pics. Wonder who I mailed those to by accident?

WHOOPS.

:blush:

1 Like

It has to be acknowledged though that they can fall down on the job, and sometimes they need to be held to account . My biggest bugbear through years of experience, and the negative effects of such, is their all too common failure to take a whole person approach.
I accept others mileage may vary and they may have had better pdocs who adopted a whole person approach.

1 Like

It boils down to this: Energy spent looking behind you is energy spent not moving ahead. Would you rather keep living in a dissatisfying past or forge ahead to an exciting future?

I know where I want to be.

And I know that my medications and my treatment team are important tools to help me get there.

3 Likes

I blame the disease. Sometimes when I get down on myself I realize that schizophrenia is pretty overwhelming. It’s really hard to beat.

1 Like

insert joke about being the one to receive thongless pics email from @shutterbug …too lazy to come up with a good one…

Ah crap! That was you in those pics?

1 Like

Pixel some of us don’t have such a cushy life. Our mental illness takes a big toll on us. Some of us will never have a shot at having a nice life.

@shutterbug has risen above his desolation… cannot tell if he is the rule or the exception… I think sometimes I am an exception as the meds only curve my enthusiasm to act upon my insanity… but that’s better than nothing I guess…