Americans don’t understand English

6 Likes

And i don’t understand Americans but i’m just kidding :smile:

2 Likes

@PatrickT I think you’ll like this.

I know your country lost the Revolution @anon80629714, but you don’t have to live next door to them, lol! I know there are a lot of Americans on this forum, so I apologize ahead of time.

1 Like

Hey @anon96671092 it’s light hearted Jokes and nothing about it should be literal. British love to take the mic out themselves.

1 Like

But the English eat pies made out of blood, so they are not as superior as they think.

1 Like

Blood pudding (or black pudding as we call it) is lovely. Think that sounds bad you should try haggis!

I guess I shouldn’t compare. Some of our favorite food, hot dogs and bologna are made out of chicken lips, hog guts, and more horrible stuff that no one even knows.

2 Likes

This is not about superiority , but if you want to start with that … Americans can’t even spell Mum properly.

1 Like

I already told you ish… Mummy makes me think of Egyptian mummies.
Take a moment to ponder…
I am not biased cause I am neither American nor English.
But Mom looks better.

1 Like

Right , they are not even called Egyptian mummy’s in Egypt. Lol.

Mom looks better? Aha well jokes aside it doesn’t matter whether you say mom or Mum , whether you say ma , baa , or whatever it’s just another way of calling the woman who gave birth to us. I want to be a mother now :cry:

2 Likes

Lol… ive been to england… the slang there is so advanced i couldnt tell if i should laugh or be offended… i guess none of us speak english in its true form… so its fun to pick on each others words.

2 Likes

I never speak slang i am quite far behind … but sometimes people don’t understand me here. Like the other day I said “the cheek of the woman” and everyone was like :flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

2 Likes

Is it:

labour or labor
harbour or harbor
colour or color

???

1 Like

It’s the Americans being lazy taking the u out of our words :roll_eyes:

Do you know how many times I failed in school cos I got answers from American essays and textbooks.

1 Like

Actually @exhile, because we’re a bilingual country, in Canada we do it too in the English language!

2 Likes

Add a u sometimes I mean!

1 Like

The guy at work told me, “Word to your mother”. I didn’t know if that was an insult or not so I turned around and asked my other co-worker but he didn’t know either.

1 Like

People of African decent that are in the entertainment industry really adjust the words and letters of the English language. I heard “Word to your mother” by Vanilla Ice and the end of his song, “ice ice baby”.

1 Like

Come visit Louisiana… them swamp boys speak a hybrid french english… its so confusing but lovely sounding to the ears…nice people…