Am I the only one? Anyone?

I hate uni and everything related to it.

I don’t like my course mates, actually they don’t like me. The way they look at me, talk behind my back and more.

I feel extreme anxiety and stress in the university every single day I go.

I made my choose, I’m leaving university, that’s for sure.

3 Likes

University is a difficult task but to earn your degree is well worth the hardship. I wouldn’t be concerned with your course mates but rather the assignments and exams at hand.

5 Likes

I can’t focus on my studies either

I’m not like I used to be before I got sick

1 Like

hello @mongolina I write this just before going to sleep.

Are you going to do anything instead of the University?
If you want to do something else, that’s fine.
But if you plan to just stay at home all day doing nothing in particular,
I would encourage you to keep studying at the University despite all your hardships.
Even if you can’t focus etc.
With love,
Erez.

3 Likes

I want to take some IT courses, that lasts for less than three months

2 Likes

good luck then!
May you succeed at the course and find a job if you wish to work!

3 Likes

maybe talk to a counselor before you make the decision.

are you passing your classes? It stinks to feel unliked, but you lose the investment of your classwork. and maybe the cost of the class?

why dont you hang around a longer, both here and school?

keep posting and ask questions you think maybe able to help with. infact ask even if you dont think anyone can help.

I have been surprized by some peoples knowlege here.

See you around the forum?

Did your mind experience psychosis?

I also attended University but didn’t finish. Not sure if it was because I was sick or not.

1 Like

Seems like I’m experiencing psychosis mostly all the time. Not exactly all the time but most of the time. Voices, feelings like my medicine is poisoning me etc. I’ve tried different type of medication and their combinations

1 Like

@mongolina I think you should take @macy advice and tell a counsellor that you are schizophrenic because it’s really, really hard to concentrate in class and do your course work under those mental conditions.

There are schizophrenic students but are rare just as physically disabled students are rare.

2 Likes

Alright, I’ll talk to a counsellor and my psychiatrist as well. It’s worth to try. No guarantees tho

4 Likes

I could be wrong, but a discrete note stating cognative problems and difficulty concentrating (from a psychologist or doctor) may also get you disabilty services.

I am just wanting for you to make sure you are not giving up too easy or making a knee- jerk kind of ddecision you might regret in the future.

There is another guy here, his post handle has 85 in it, can not remember the rest. You should catch him and talk to him here. He is a current student amd better at this kind of thing than i am.

Someone chime in with his full handle name please?

@JH85 can you add anything to this post?

I absolutely agree, college got sooo much easier for me once I enrolled w disability services. Note taking saved my grades. Too bad I didn’t know disability services existed for mental illness until senior year.

College was very hard…there were times when I really hated what I was doing…but I was already so far in I wanted to see it through so all my hard work wasn’t for nothing…and I don’t regret it at all, it helped me realize what I did and didn’t like and what I wanted to do in the future. And if you want any kind of advanced job, it is now harder and harder to find places that will higher if you don’t have at least a bachelor’s. In fact it’s even getting to the point where many jobs demand at least a master’s!!

1 Like

What country are you in?

I’m in the UK and also didn’t know what support was available to me. I left the university and when I came back a year later I got excluded for non attendance.

The problem was they didn’t tell me I needed to apply for dsa and by which time they couldn’t put a support package in place.

Anyway fast forward a few years and I did a credit transfer to the ou, got a subsidised laptop and special Ed software that helps me study.

They even gave me a support worker to help me with study skills up to 2x pw.

I’m now doing well with my studies and with help I’m a week ahead and got 78% in my exams…

I’m sure with help you could too!

1 Like

I don’t like job or school.

School is supposed to be to get you ready to work with other folks. What problems you have at school can follow you to work.

I believe in life long learning and have seen people in their 60’s & 70’s doing undergraduate degrees…

They also say if you don’t use it you lose it!

1 Like

thanks for replying, but it is for the OP. I thought you maybe able to give her a couple of tips? or help better than me.

• see if their is support services at your uni.
    I used to speak to the uni chaplain.
  • see if there is a counselling service.
    They might be able to do CBT with you and teach you mindfulness.
  • speak to your disability advisor
  • tell your tutor your struggling and your engaging with support.
  • apply for disability funding.
    We have dsa in the UK
1 Like