Am I going through withdrawal

I’m having a random anxiety attack right now despite not having one since I stopped taking Abilify. It’s been almost a week now and all of a sudden I’m hit with this anxiety attack. Is this because withdrawal is starting to happen or is it just still in my system kicking my butt?

Withdraw…call your doc…maybe take a half of what your withdrawing off of…

I stopped cold turkey so wouldn’t be surprised if this was withdrawal

Yea…its tuff…most docs recommend weening slowly cutting back…be careful…like i said maybe take a half or quarter of one…

could be withdrawal, I’ve had withdrawal when I ran out of risperidone and couldn’t get into a clinic to get help. panic/anxiety attacks was one of the withdrawal symptoms.

This is nowhere near as bad as being on the medication itself though which is ironic lol.

No kidding! The docs usually titrate you down to avoid this! Please see your doctor and continue to take your meds as directed in the interim!

Not YET. You’re just at the top of the slippery slope. You really don’t want to ride down that sucker at full speed.

Pdoc told me to stop taking it. Was reacting very poorly.

No replacement med?!? Apologies if I’m misunderstanding – seems unusual. I had trouble with Abilify and was titrated off it over a month.

She’s going on vacation for a month and didn’t want to start me on a new med while she was gone. Normally I see her every week.

It was having bad interactions with my Zoloft. Possibly not safe to stay on.

I thought you stopped taking it on your own and informed her of your decision over email?

I did stop taking it on my own. I then emailed her immediately informing her of this, she called me and told me to just stop taking it and we’d figure something out when she got back.

In a MONTH? Holy crap.

Ah thats tricky…im no doc and my advice should be taken with a grain of salt…if you do any for fun drugs…hair of the dog as they say…or sleep…or mental fortitude…

Okay. Your comment to Pixel sounded like stopping cold turkey and not starting another med was your doctor’s idea, rather than her accepting your actions, and that didn’t seem consistent with how you’d explained while it was happening.

Hehe I may have spun things a little. Bad Anna. It’s my fault this is happening. My poor pdoc

Yeah…fingers crossed all goes well ;_; I’ve only been on Abilify 2 months so I’m hoping withdrawal won’t be terrible.

No worries :smile_cat: I hope the next month goes well for you and you hit on a med that works when she gets back. Timing sucks, though! Good luck!

1 Like

stopping drugs cold turkey will definitely cause withdrawal

If anything gets worse I’ll break my old pills in half and take those. I was only on 10 mg for 2 weeks the majority of the nearly 2 months I’ve been on it has been at much lower doses so I’m hoping nothing too extreme happens

1 Like