All you ever wanted to know about REXULTI but were afraid to ask

2 Likes

Max dose for schizophrenia 4mg.

1 Like

Thats a low dose, is this available in the UK?

There is still a chance that I will be trying this med, maybe first as an add on to the Risperdal.

I am hoping that it does not cause as much Akathisia or Activation as Abilify - if it does not, I might try it.

I barely tolerated Abilify - it was way too stimulating for me.

My pdoc is keeping her eye on it

1 Like

Will be released next month sometime.

1 Like

They’ll be keeping their eye on me then, as I’ll be first in line to try it. I already rang the pharma guy, but it’s not on his radar yet.

1 Like

I forgot @everhopeful Are you from the States or live in Europe?

Europe… the land of 15 characters.

Will Brexpiprazole be available in Europe - I thought that it was launching in the States only - I could be wrong

It will be available in Europe, I just assumed it was next month, but if that’s not the case, then I won’t be the first in line I guess…

From the Wikipedia page:

Partnership with Lundbeck

In November 2011, Otsuka and Lundbeck have announced a global alliance.[8] Lundbeck has given Otsuka an upfront payment of $200 million, and the deal includes development, regulatory and sales payments, for a potential total of $1.8 billion. Specifically for OPC-34712, Lundbeck will obtain 50% of net sales in Europe and Canada and 45% of net sales in the US from Otsuka.

The partnership has been presented by Otsuka to its investors as a good fit for several reasons:[9]

Geographic strategy: Otsuka in Japan, Asia, US; Lundbeck in Europe, South America and emerging markets

I know that it will be available in Europe, especially England, but I was not sure on the time frame - yeah it might not be in August for you guys

You’re right.

http://www.medicinesresources.nhs.uk/en/Medicines-Awareness/Press-and-Media/Press-and-media/US-FDA-approves-brexpiprazole-for-the-treatment-of-both-schizophrenia-and-major-depressive-order-in-adults/

Not even filed for approval with the EU yet, let alone being approved.

1 Like

This might be a good thing for you - So at least you will have some time to see how it does over some time.

1 Like

Yeah, maybe I was saved from myself. But I’m beyond caring about being the first gunnea pig though. Like I said seroquel had gone generic by the time I tried it and it nearly killed me. At the same time I was dreading a med change, so a little part of me is less stressed out knowing it’s not going to be next month.

1 Like

Here you can follow the actual status of Rexulti for the EU/UK

http://www.ukmi.nhs.uk/applications/ndo/record_view_open.asp?newDrugID=5449

1 Like

Can anyone tell me when rexulti will be available in the uk/england??