All over the US

Hi everyone. Im new

2 Likes

@Mikehda

Welcome.

This is a safe place to receive and give emotional support.

Again, welcome.

I need relief from my paranoia. Meds dont help. Any advice?

@Mikehda

Which anti-psychotics have you tried?

Clozaril, abilify, seraquel, resperdole, depicote, zyprexa, invega, haldole

2 Likes

Im fine during the day but has soon it gets dark and i cant see my surroundings i panic. Btw my paranoia is that theres a hit on me. It feels so real sometimes

I really don’t know. I have paranoia.

When did the paranoia begin?

It gets so intense that i just want to end my life sometimes. Ive tried everything

I understand because I’ve felt that way too. It does get better. You can try reality checking it. Walk outside a short distance at night and return home.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you can get some coping skills. I’m at a loss for words right now

Is there any reason you couldnt sleep with a nightlight? Then you wouldnt have to worry about it being dark.

@Mikehda, welcome to the forum. It sounds like you’re in a very tough situation.

Have you tried therapy, particularly cognitive behavioral therapies? There are some approaches that have been helpful for people in psychosis. They don’t necessarily get rid of your ideas, but instead help you adjust to having them so that they’re not as disturbing or compelling.

@Ninjastar has used neurofeedback - brain training software that recognizes when your emotional and fearful thought processes are taking over and helps you learn to deliberately shift activity away from those processes.

And we’ve had a few members here who benefitted from ECT or TMS. ECT in particular has a frightening reputation, but is actually very safe and can be quite effective for some people who have exhausted their other options.

5 Likes

I am confused @twinklestars. Do you wrote about fireworks in your first statement.

One of my fears is that someone will shoot me thru a window at night so a night light would make it easier for them to see me. You get where im coming from?

1 Like

So basically you’re afraid of the dark, and you’re afraid of keeping a light on. That’s quite the conundrum you’re facing.
How about closing the curtains, so that nobody can peek from outside??

I was always terrified of that stuff. My parents would give us sparklers as kids but I didn’t want anything to do with it. I was always a very cautious kid. I got other people to do dangerous stunts while I watched for entertainment I wasn’t doing any of that myself.

@Mikehda, I’m going to start a new topic about ways to cope with paranoia. This might make it easier for people to see and offer support.

Yes, fireworks. No one actually blew up my neighborhood, but there’s lots of spent fireworks on the ground. It sounded like a warzone from 8 til 11pm though.

I left Pretty Girl home with music on. So she could not here any fireworks going off down by the river.
Yosemite and I went to the nearest town to us, and watched the fire works there.
He is the only dog I have ever known that like fireworks.

3 Likes