Alien based delusions origins?

I know aliens are a common hallucination/delusion . I was just wondering to myself if they were a common delusion say 100 yrs ago as well or just a relatively new thing . I believe the alien hype started in the 50’s or 60’s with UFO sigthings . I was just curious if this is where the delusions come from or if it’s deep within the psyche of the human being going way back before aliens and ufo’s appeared in the media. Just something i was wondering about and i’m not sure there’s an answer. I have delusions about aliens myself.

2 Likes

I think I remember reading that there has been alien and ufo sightings throughout history. But don’t quote me.

3 Likes

People used to believe in faeries before aliens and UFOs became popular. Perhaps people used to have delusions and hallucinations about faeries and such. Or angles and devils…

1 Like

Shamanism and witchcraft came before aliens and UFOs. Believing you talked to an angel or made a deal with devil are also common.

From Ezekiel in the KJV:

14 And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.

15 Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces.

16 The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel.

17 When they went, they went upon their four sides: and they turned not when they went.

These delusions have been around for a while. A rather long while.

2 Likes

Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphics contained images of “Other worldly beings”

Is the spiritual world something most of y’all try to steer away from? I feel like things become to real in your mind if you associate it with a spiritual aspect.

It unfortunately steers toward my house on a regular basis.
No worries tho, It’s a big house, plenty of room for all.'
Check out time is 9.

1 Like

All my hallucinations are in Spanish but I’m Greek and I’ve never been to Spain.

3 Likes

I see ancient looking texts and drawings on the walls at times.

I think it used to be more commonly believed to be devils and demons. Nevermind people with delusions.

What do you mean?

I mean the common public believed auditory hallucinations were actually demonic obsession.

Ah, I guess thst was a rational explanation at the time. What is your beliefs about them?

Sounds a little like spinners on a car

I struggle with different theories, but at the end if the day they are only theories. I think the voices are intelligent, and I think they aren’t evil beings but they are not compassionate. At the end of the day we need to find a way to ignore them. Because I cannot tolerate them reading my mind. Good luck to all of us.

1 Like

For sure the more attention you pay to them the more power they think they have over you.

Do you ever feel harsh vibrations or hear harsh ringing noises?

Yes to the vibrations. Yes to the ringing. Why? What do you think? You can pm me if you want.

I avoid wasting my time on nonsense. I have too much to do in a day and too little day to get it done in.

Hmm… my post got deleted without any warning. I guess some moderators or administrators on this website are Christians???