Accepting MI

I think I’ve finally accepted that I’m going to have this for life. Feels better.

6 Likes

I admit it’s tough for me to accept…

My psychosis/schizophrenia is a tug of war but some times I really do get a positive feeling that I’ll get it nixed oce I have my job and enivorment and support network right.

There are good days… really good days.

Still there is a lot of social conflict and bad relations and general unhappiness in life.

1 Like

It’s a tough pill to swallow, but yeah, sooner or later you just have to accept it. Things can improve, but the illness never fully goes away.

1 Like

Recovery is possible! Just there is no cure as one of the courses said to me what is your definition of recovery?

Full recovery for me would be no remnants of the illness, like my life was before.

2 Likes

I know what you mean. I have no symptoms only side effects and depression but every so often I will have a distorted thought and because of that I don’t consider myself recovered.
It’s tragic

1 Like

I still have a lot of social paranoia and anxiety, voices here and there. I guess all you can do is try harder.

Sometimes the psychosis is related to mood and anxiety. Maybe a Med like Prozac will help you get out and be more social. I have to say that I was pretty much dead and buried and Prozac brought me out of it. I have some wierd thoughts but I just tell myself that so does everyone and we have no idea what goes on in other people’s heads.
As long as you can get the job done then who cares.
It’s unfair but so is life

2 Likes

I don’t know. I’m still struggling with accepting it.

Hahahaha… “Sooner” or later! Hahahahahahaha

2 Likes

I don’t agree with you @freakonaleash
I think that my disorder should be cured, I don’t want to live like this forever.
@Sooner88 great joke!

I don’t think it’s a sin to accept your condition, as long as you keep trying to improve your function. Accepting just means you’re not wasting energy struggling with the truth. It allows you to focus more energy on your strengths (imo).

2 Likes

I’m on Lexapro. Is Prozac that different?

I’ve taken lexapro. It was good too. Prozac is more for OCD. Lexapro is also a very good med for anxiety and depression.

Lexapro doesn’t work that well for me in terms of anxiety, do you think Prozac would work better?

Some people say that Prozac is good for anxiety. I personally think it is. But some people say that it revs them up too much too, so each case is different.