Abilify 2.1 Schizophrenia Usual Dose for Acute Treatment

Abilify 2.1 Schizophrenia Usual Dose for Acute Treatment

Adults
The recommended starting and target dose for ABILIFY is 10 mg/day or 15 mg/day administered on a once-a-day schedule without regard to meals. ABILIFY has been systematically evaluated and shown to be effective in a dose range of 10 mg/day to 30 mg/day, when administered as the tablet formulation; however, doses higher than 10 mg/day or 15 mg/day were not more effective than 10 mg/day or 15 mg/day. Dosage increases should not be made before 2 weeks, the time needed to achieve steady-state [see Clinical Studies (14.1) ].

Adolescents
The recommended target dose of ABILIFY is 10 mg/day. Aripiprazole was studied in pediatric patients 13 to 17 years of age with Schizophrenia at daily doses of 10 mg and 30 mg. The starting daily dose of the tablet formulation in these patients was 2 mg, which was titrated to 5 mg after 2 days and to the target dose of 10 mg after 2 additional days. Subsequent dose increases should be administered in 5 mg increments. The 30 mg/day dose was not shown to be more efficacious than the 10 mg/day dose. ABILIFY (aripiprazole) can be administered without regard to meals [see Clinical Studies (14.1) ].

2 Likes

I want to be on these drug !!! if they give me medicine in day time…!!!
Its good to see U are working and searching for ur medicine !! Consult your Doc and decrease Ur dose …!!! CUz when i suggest u something i get some motivation …!! Good luck with ur medication Way my man…!!!

These are only generalizations, of course. Some patients need 15-30 mg of Abilify, and it can be an effective drug for many adolescents.