A Poem: Normal people

Normal people,
Who act mentally ill,
It confuses
Us.

7 Likes

Who said poems couldn’t be short and clever? This one’s a little weak, yes, but @everhopeful has had amazing ones in the past.

3 Likes

lay off it… he makes them that way intentionally… that’s at least art to me

4 Likes

I used to write a lot of haikus back in the day… should give it a go :o)

3 Likes

funny guy on the bus ride
wearing tiara
stuck out pink split tongue

4 Likes

was it 5, 7 5 or 7 5 7? LOL

having you around
makes my heartbeat faster
you drive me crazy

whatever… I’m not a perfectionist… words are words… poems are poems…

3 Likes

it’s 5 7 5

1 Like

I love @everhopeful’s poems. I look forward to them each day.

I think they are helping me.

3 Likes

merci @anon84763962 I never met you. =^o^=

I’m karen… aka sleepy bug. I’m a graphic designer. I don’t know what I have… schizophrenia without hallucinations or plain psychosis or delusional disorder. I’m studying makeup too. :v: I’m highly functional most of the time… Relapses last around 6 months of psychosis and hospitalization. I get by

I like your poems too @everhopeful fun outlet… :o)

1 Like

Not true. I wouldn’t have dedicated all of my adult life to form, got a degree in Creative Writing,
and pushed myself to create works I can believe in.

What’s not true?

I’m sorry… but nothing wrong with creative expression… that’s the thing about art and creativity it’s not prejudiced… Look at Paulo Coelho, he is international best seller and ha been critiqued for his writing.

a lot of people judge my graphic design work too, I simply don’t take it personally, creativity, art and expression are outlets

Nice to meet you Karen. Most people call me B.

I work part time in worker’s compensation in a great team full of really friendly people.

I have schizophrenia and more recently I have been very depressed.

I have narrowly escaped hospitalisations a couple of times but I usually get a mental health team that comes to my house to check I haven’t killed myself as a substitute.

I live in Australia.

Good luck with your studies in make up, it is a good career choice.

1 Like

so are coloring books, visual art, and dance. If you can’t write good stuff, get a different outlet. When the wayward supposed writer puts something out there, it takes others to call it out, because,

typically we can’t recognize when we’re being a bad artist.

my friends have degrees in fine art and I make more money than them. I have accomplished a lot, thanks God. Not everyone agrees. I got successful through word of mouth only. I have read a quote about art, an artist is never satisfied by his own work or something along those lines. But creative expression is fun and we should support each other. I’m sure others don’t like your work too. nobody is better than anybody else. People are unique in their expression. :v: maybe you have more experience… doesn’t mean anything

1 Like

So, let’s say, a man feels he is a plumber, and does more damage to his bathroom than even he could see coming.

Those who learn the craft are serious, sleepybug, do you get that?

no I don’t get it and I hope I will never. :v:

3 Likes

then do your own, and get water.

Why should person A write a poem and person B and C end up in a back-and-forth? Brings us back to the question, what is the point of making art?

1 Like