A Future Relationship

John Smith and Jane Jones met online when they were teenagers. They communicated often but never met each other in person. John and Jane first "went out’ by watching a movie that John videotaped while sitting in a movie theater alone with Jane watching on her computer. They then ate “dinner” while at separate restaurants and viewing each other online. There were several more dates including where one would go to the beach, or a sociable place while the other watched online. Then John met Jane’s parents online and they approved of John. Then when the relationship got really serious John proposed over Skype and Jane accepted. They had a wedding by standing at separate churches with wedding rings sent in the mail. They put on their rings over Skype and said I do. The honeymoon amounted to sexting nude pictures online. They also did that when John donated his sperm to have a son with though UPS. Jane had a friend show John the birth online. John communicated with his son online often and sent Jane money to make ends meet. John and Jane both talked to their children about the birds and the bees even though they never had experience with it, and helped them find a college when it became time. Later John told Jane he had cancer and they had their final conversations about death and dying. When John died Jane became heart broken and died soon afterward. John’s son decided to send his father’s body to be interned next to his Mother. Then he came home to his wife and kids and said “I;m glad I’m not like my parents but I guess that just worked for them.” His wife said, “I’m glad we got rid of our computers.”

3 Likes

Very interesting.

That’s depressing as hell.

1 Like

I laughed at first and then he died and it got sad. Good story, thrilling and imaginative

That is a good plot summary for a dystopian novel. Reminds me of The Giver.