A Call for Artists - Opportunity to Make Money, Educate People

Folks - got this email the other day:

“My name is Emily and I’m the creative director of the Huffington Post’s longform magazine, ‘Highline.’ We’re publishing a major story on stigma and schizophrenia and we would love to commission an artist who has schizophrenia to help tell the story visually. We think it’s very important to have someone who truly understands the illness portray it in conjunction with our article.”

Please post a message here if you’re interested and be prepared to send via email Emily some samples of your artwork for her to consider

9 Likes

You can see the online Highline magazine here:

and more about them here:

1 Like

I think people are old enough to make their own minds up on this.

2 Likes

Tis A bad Idea Jus Sayin As One May Think Money is Or Isn’t Tha Root Of All Evil … ,

Tis . Naught . A . Good . Idea .

1 Like

Just posting to say there are a lot of talented people on this site. One poster/artist came to mind but I forgot his username.

4 Likes

They should make a story about this site.

5 Likes

If you hear of a musical opportunity I feel id be worthy :smile:

https://soundcloud.com/anonymous-schizoaffective/sets/xfu1y9bjmaet

3 Likes

oh if its an online article perhaps they would consider my music???

https://soundcloud.com/anonymous-schizoaffective/sets/xfu1y9bjmaet

2 Likes

I wish I stayed with something artsy. I really wanna tell my story. That sounded a bit ego centric. But im tired of keeping all this bottled up

2 Likes
1 Like

Between john olivers recent episode and sz awareness week in the uk… And now the huff post mentioning things like stigma…

Maybe people are starting to see the injustice here.

Itd be nice if things might actually change.

5 Likes

Dang it. There was someone on here a while ago who was really good. I don’t know where he/she went though.

1 Like

@Daze and @ArtIsLife are very good.

Oh I may know a girl that is a very good artist… I’ll check

1 Like

Someone else. @Drawingtocope?

@zazzman …?

@mjseu

fifteen fifteen

there is a time and place in the Universe to flow the creative river of life.

2 Likes

6 Likes