A Breakthrough That Could Help Silence The 'Voices' Of Schizophrenia

Researchers from St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital announced
yesterday that they have isolated and characterized a small segment of
RNA known as “microRNA” that may hold promise in silencing the
bothersome voices which haunt schizophrenic patients
By manipulating this small segment of RNA, the researchers hope to restore normal function to the brain circuit associated with the “voices” and well as other types of hallucinations associated with schizophrenia.

More story on…
http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertglatter/2016/11/29/a-breakthrough-that-could-help-silence-the-voices-of-schizophrenia/#5053ff0d4bb0

9 Likes

My man Mr. Cure All this is good news! but how long until they put this into practice?

3 Likes

(Unknown)…Very good morning Dr green Thumb…!!!

1 Like

did you just find this today? where did you find it?

1 Like

I searched it in google…Dr green thumb I am very interested in research on SZ …My personal assumption is US leads all the SZ research and is on the top…!! I always spent quality time searching for cure in google…
Every day i get disappointed…my conclusion iz
each and every research organization lack funding…!!! they spent a very less amount of money that iz just not enough…they don’t have any bigger source of revenue …!!!
So i was thinking of writing request letter to bill gates to fund SZ research…cuz once they start investing on research path to cure will be shorter…!!! i am crying writing this…!!! man we absolutely need cure not less then that…!! …U have a lovely day ahead…!!! i am drinking a glass of milk…!!! proly go for sleep…!!! hope dies last…!!!

4 Likes

hey buddy, this is literally the best news that I’ve read regarding schizophrenia in 15 years. I woke up this morning thinking another day wasted I need some hope and I opened up this site and found your article. I don’t hear voices but I get delusions and the meds suck that we have now. Do you realize what good news this is? They basically found a target for new drugs that don’t have these terrible side effects and will work on sz symptoms. One day all these crap medicines will be a thing of the past. you take one of these new meds that have fewer side effects and no voices or hallucinations. Thats great!
Thanks for posting this article @far_cry0. Trust me, this is just what I needed to read today.

3 Likes

St Judes Hospital is about as good as it gets, this is not some shabby study done in Russia, this is a real discovery by a top ranking US institute

3 Likes

Mg1 have u tried Sarcosine and l theanine…!!! they say its good for negative symptoms…!!!

nah, I haven’t tried them. My negative symptoms are from the meds I think.
Ive got more cognitive and psychosis episodes.

1 Like

Man this is amazing! Best week of my life!

@BlueFlame Are u still taking biopollis… can u explain…!!!

no I stopped @far_cry0, I believe any benefits I had were completely placebo. They just all disappeared after a while. I took it for 3 months with no benefit. I even went delusional earlier this week :confused: but I’m better now.

1 Like

Wow that’s great news. Hopefully they can put it to practice. Will this help ALL schizophrenia patients…do you think?

2 Likes

@BlueFlame do u take Sarcosine or l theanine…???

I used to take l-theanine but started getting symptoms and at the time I blamed it so I stopped taking it. Sarcosine on the other hand is a wonder drug. After 5 months of taking it, my social phobia was almost completely gone. I felt like part of the human race again, but then I couldn’t afford it anymore and was off it for about half a year. Now I’m on it again and just completed my fourth month and getting close to the same results.

1 Like

Good news man !! when is it ready? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Heres the paper

2 Likes

this is literally the best news that I’ve seen on this site since I came on here. The article should be on the top of everyones browser and updates should follow.
Im thinking about calling these jokers on the phone and seeing what the eta on their progress is. I literally woke up to this news this morning and it bought me another five years of struggling with this garbage until they find a new treatment

2 Likes

Honestly this stuff is all ■■■■■■■■. (In a retarded voice) They think it’s the rn if only we manipulate it. When are we all going to face the facts that these voices are from spirits you don’t have to be ■■■■■■■ be bright to know that.

yeah give them a call and update us all :wink:

1 Like