50% disabled due to diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia

If you were diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic, you can get a 50% disabled recognition and thus can get your own license for being severly handicapped. I think this is already europe-wide and perhaps is even extended to many western countries. with such a passport of severe disablement you can park your car in the disabled spot, you get more paid days off from work and also can retire earlier.

Just thought i should share this with you.

6 Likes

cool :snowman:
take care :alien:

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

Do you have a link for this~?

In our state we will need a passport to travel to other states, because we didn’t upgrade our driver’s licenses. Sorry about the tangent.

No. Perhaps it doesnt exist outside of Germany. The thing i was referring to is a “Schwerbehindertenausweis”, which one can apply for. Literal meaning would be “severely disabeled identification”.

Not sure I agree with this. Where I am from it is referred to as the “handicap” (though that may be outdated and no longer politically correct, not sure) parking spot, and it is for people with physical problems that make it hard for them to walk. The idea is that they don’t have to travel as far from their vehicle to get inside the building. It doesn’t make sense to me that someone who is physically alright would be taking that parking space.

I go to a outpatient hospital where we have a group that takes us places and we always park in the handicap spot, even though none of us a physically disabled.

Yes but i think because you have this piece of paper you can identify yourself as a disabled person without further details. I doubt that they will ask for further information if you have one in the poket and can show it to them. Also i believe that even though one is not physically unable to walk means one should not have the pleasure of getting something from society for suffering unjustly. And sometimes with these symptoms popping up its a good thing that you can get alot quicker to your car and retreat home or to the hospital.

The rest of the details seem fine to me, but I just think those parking spots should be for people who struggle to walk and/or have pain walking. I wouldn’t see taking that spot as “getting something from society” but rather as selfishly taking it from someone who needs it more. But that’s just me.

1 Like

I understand what you mean. But i bet you also noticed that nobody parks there, basically ever. And if somebody does, its just a normal guy who doesnt care.

Well you bet wrong.

I respect that we see the situation differently. I personally would not take the space, even if I was allowed to do so.